Locations & Availability
|Available 24 hours a day
|Available during Rubenstein Arts Center hours
|Available during Lilly Library hours
Sewing machines work great on woven and nonwoven fabrics and other soft goods.
What to Bring
Bring whatever it is that you want to sew! It’ll be helpful to bring your own thread.
- The automatic needle threader can be tricky to figure out, but will save you a lot of time down the road! This design is pretty common on other sewing machines.
- It can be better to fill and load a new bobbin than trusting that a small one has enough. It’ll take more time to recover from an empty bobbin than to load a new one!
- If you’re sewing tubes, you can remove the bottom of the sewing machine to access the free arm.
- When sewing especially thick or layered materials, it can help to move the hand wheel manually. Trying to use the pedal risks breaking the needle.
- When in doubt, you can use the Brother CS7000X sewing machine manual.
- What’s the difference between the Heavy Duty sewing machine and the standard sewing machine?
- The Heavy Duty machine has a bit more power and an all metal frame, while the standard sewing machine has more stitch patterns.
Availability: Unstaffed Hours, Location: TEC, Material: Fabric, Type: Sewing Machine