Medical Segmentation with Slicer
This course introduces participants to the basics of medical images and teaches how to generate three-dimensional models from two-dimensional DICOM (medical) images. Slicer.org – the training modules in this site will be used in the course. Also, it’s recommended that students download the Slicer software from this site prior to the course.
- Intro the concept of “virtual prototyping” in medical product development
- Intro to medical image modalities and anatomical planes
- Installing and getting started with Slicer
- Segmenting your first medical image and creating an STL file for export
- Designing a medical device “virtually” in your segmented anatomy
- Students will be able use slicer to perform basic image segmentation and create 3D files for 3D printing, design, or other analyses.
Laptop computer with at least 1 GB of space.
Participants should have a basic knowledge of 3D modeling (CAD) software.
This class is part of our Digital Modeling & Fabrication TrackSee the whole track
Create Your First 3D Models with OnShape
Come learn core concepts of 3D design including sketching, constraints, parametric concepts, extrusion etc.. and make your first 3D model using OnShape.Learn More
Make Simple 3D Models with Fusion360
This class will focus on the learning basic modeling concepts using the Fusion360 tool.Learn More
Create Your Second 3D Models with OnShape
Learners explore Onshape, an agile, cross-platform, cloud modeling application that can be used to easily produce infinitely configurable parts.Learn More