Logo Design with Illustrator
All businesses need a logo! In this class, we will go over the different types of logos out there and discuss tips and tricks on what to do and what not to do. We will then create a logo together based on the different brand guides created in a previous workshop, using paper and pencil before moving on to Illustrator. This class assumes that you have opened Illustrator before and know where most tools are located in the interface.
Sandra Bermond | Innovation Co-Lab Program Manager
Sandra manages the Innovation Co-Lab roots program as well as teaches several workshops. She has a background in web design and front-end development, as well as a passion for artistic endeavors regardless of the medium.
This class will be hosted via Zoom. You will receive an email with the Zoom link a day before the class. Attendance will be taken and the session will be recorded.
- What is a Logo?
- Logo Types
- Static vs. Dynamic Logos
- Logo Design Fundamentals
- Creation of the logo in Illustrator
- Learn the Logo Types and when to apply them
- Understand the process to create successful logos
- Recognize the psychological effects of logos
- Use Adobe Illustrator to recreate a design
Adobe Illustrator (Please install before the class)
This class assumes that attendees have opened Illustrator and played with its interface in the past. If that is not your case, we advise you to take the Intro to Illustrator class first. Also, although it is not a prerequisite, we recommend the class on Create a Brand Guide with Illustrator as well, as logo design is a natural progression from branding.
- Logo Animation Techniques (After Effects) with Eran Stern
- Logo Design: Techniques with Nigel French
- Negative Space Logos: SECRETS - THEORIES - TECHNIQUES
- Golden Ratio Logo Design in Illustrator
- Logo Design Techniques You NEED TO KNOW!
- How to Design a Logo: the Ultimate Guide
- 39 Fonts Everyone Should Know
- The Seven Types of Logos
- What is a Logo?
- Logo Development: Identity Development (LinkedIn Learning)
- Learning Logo Design (LinkedIn Learning)
- Graphic Design: Logo Design Tips and Tricks (LinkedIn Learning)
- The Science of Logo Design (LinkedIn Learning)
- Logo Design & Lettering (playlist)
This class is part of our Adobe Suite & Arts TrackSee the whole track
Create a Brand Guide with Illustrator
Take this class is to get an overview of what branding is and get familiar with the different components making up a brand guide. Then apply your new knowledge and create a brand guide in Illustrator using predetermined project prompts.Learn More
Intro to Illustrator
Take this class to get familiar with the Illustrator interface, get to know the different tools, and how to modify most elements.Learn More