CSS Deep Dive: CSS Animations
Disclaimer: this is not a CSS beginner class. You need to know HTML and CSS (functionality and syntax) to take this class.
Sandra Bermond | Innovation Co-Lab Program Manager
Sandra manages the Innovation Co-Lab roots program as well as teaches several workshops. She has a background in web design and front-end development, as well as a passion for artistic endeavors regardless of the medium.
This class will be hosted via Zoom. You will receive an email with the Zoom link a day before the class. Attendance will be taken and the session will be recorded.
- What is CSS Animation?
- Transitions & Transforms vs. Animations & Keyframes
- Using Transitions and transforms to animate
- Using Animations and Keyframes to animate
- Animation of a button on hover
- Know about the existence of CSS animation and what you can do with it
- Know when to use transforms vs. keyframes
- Learn how to build an animation using transitions and transforms
- Learn how to build an animation using animations and keyframes
The instructor recommends using Codepen for its ease of use and quick rendering, but any Code Editor and either Google Chrome or Firefox browsers will work just as well.
This class is not for beginners. We will not go over CSS syntax and functionalities.
You will need to have taken (or have the knowledge dispensed in) Web Development: CSS Basics, and it is recommended you have taken or watched the recordings of the Web Development: Responsive CSS and Web Development: Advanced CSS classes to follow this Animation class comfortably.
This class is part of our Web Development (Front End) TrackSee the whole track