SQL – Temporary Tables and Windows (3/3)
This course will show students how to create and use temporary tables when constructing queries, and provide an introduction to the concept of windowing. Students will also learn how to apply bounds to their windows for advanced data analysis.
Mary Clair Thompson | Office of Information Technology
I am a Data Engineer and Data Scientist on OIT’s Data Analytics team, with previous industry experience working with big data in the cloud.
This class will be hosted via Zoom. You will receive an email with the Zoom link a day before the class. Attendance will be taken and the session will be recorded.
- Temporary tables
- Window functions
- Partitions, ordering, and bounds for window functions
- Construct appropriate temporary tables in the context of writing complicated queries
- Understand how to use a variety of window functions properly
- Use bounds correctly for windows
Free-tier access to Google Cloud Big Query
• SQL – Grouping, Joins, and Aggregations (2/3) OR • Some level of proficiency with SQL syntax and table structure
This class is part of our Databases TrackSee the whole track
Intro to mySQL
Take this class to learn more about databases. This course will provide students with a basic introduction to the popular open source Database Management System (DBMS) named “MySQL”.Learn More