Intro to Arduino
Introduction to Arduino is a beginner-level class that will introduce participants to the exciting world of physical computing. Participants will learn about how to use microcontrollers in a hands-on workshop. We'll work from examples in the Arduino library to make an interactive LED and music project. No prior experience necessary.
This class will be hosted in person in the Rubenstein Makerspace.
- Introduction to microcontrollers
- Intro to basic electrical theory
- Intro to inputs vs output
- Light coding (from examples)
- Build a blinking LED project
- Build an interactive "theramin" using photosensitive resistor and piezo
- Students will be familiar with what microcontrollers can do and how to start exploring Arduino Uno's capabilities
Bring laptop with USB port (not USB C, unless you have adapter)
This class is part of our Mechatronics & Hardware TrackSee the whole track
Raspberry Pi Series
This class will turn the Raspberry Pi into an Amazon Echo that will interact with the Alexa API. We will explore the inner workings of the Pi and demonstrate how it can interact with external services over the web. By the end of the class, you will have a functioning Echo device via the Raspberry Pi.Learn More